Look Through My Eyes and See What I See

Just my thoughts, my beliefs, my opinions, and my truths. Please post. I invite conversation. Don't want to post online...that's cool. Email your comments to kiagsmith@gmail.com.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Isn't It Ironic...Don't You Think

The ironic thing about really choosing to walk with God is your life doesn’t get trouble-free overnight. In fact, it often gets worst. I was once told, “The devil doesn’t have any reason to bother you when you’re playing on his team.” But when you’re in the midst of going through hell that doesn’t really make you feel better. In fact, it can make you question why you ever left his team. So what do you do? You have a pity party of course.

I used to cry that real ugly and dramatic cry, where mascara’s running everywhere, snot is dripping down your nose, and your eyes swell shut. The key to this cry is to do it in front of the bathroom mirror so you can see how bad you look and feel even sorrier for yourself. And you absolutely have to top the cry off with your pleas to God. “I just don’t understand, God. I try to do everything you say. I go to church. Why won’t you just fix it, God?”

Sidebar (Yes, I stole this from my friend’s Austin’s blog. Glad to see you’re back buddy.): Once, I got soooo mad at God, I threw a phone at Him. You had to be there. It would have been straight Comicview to watch, but I was pissed off at the time. I bet God was laughing hysterically at me.

Every time life’s situations would start getting a little tight, I would stress to the point that I would become physically sick and unable to function. The crazy part is each and every time, God would always come through for me in the ninth hour, and everything would work out perfectly, even more perfect than I could have ever imagine.

Eventually, I got tired of stressing and making myself ill. I got to the point where I would say, “Alright, God. I’m going to do everything I possible can to make this right, but honestly, I can’t fix it. If you don’t get involved, it won’t work out right.” And then I did everything possible not to stress out about it. And just as before, during the ninth hour, everything would work out.

For the past two weeks, I’ve been stressing out about work. I have to complete a 6-week project in about 3 weeks, and I really don’t have that much cooperation in doing so. Instead of stressing, I decided to give it to God and see what He could do with it. I did what I could, but things just weren’t working out. I didn’t have enough freelance writers to finish the project on time and it looked like the whole project was going to crash and burn. And then at the very last minute, things just started falling into place. Writers from as far as Delaware started contacting me, and today, it finally looks like things are going to work out perfectly.

Lesson Learned: Times will get hard, significantly harder once you start living for God. But He always has your back. He has promised to always bring His kids out on top no matter what situation they find themselves in. His Word says that the righteous are never forsaken and no weapon formed against His kids will prosper (Psalm 37:25 & Isaiah 54:17). So if God has given you His Word believe it. He can’t lie (Numbers 23:19), so don’t stress out. Nothing in life is worth stressing out about. Give it to God and He will work it all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home