Look Through My Eyes and See What I See

Just my thoughts, my beliefs, my opinions, and my truths. Please post. I invite conversation. Don't want to post online...that's cool. Email your comments to kiagsmith@gmail.com.

Monday, December 29, 2008

ABC’s of Me

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

A: Erika and I have a lot in common. My handwriting SUCKS!!! My students constantly ask me if they can rewrite the board so the directions are neat and legible. Teachers even question my passes to class as forgeries, lol.


B: God has played a cruel joke on me. For the past 4 years, I thought I had a good understanding of what He had called me to do and who He had called me to be. But in 2008 (the year of new beginnings) all of those plans have been shot to hell, and I now feel like I'm starting from the beginning. On one hand I feel a new freedom to reinvent my future. On the other hand, I'm scared as hell because what if the future I reinvent is not the one He desires for me. My only desire in life is to please Him; however, that seems more difficult than ever because I'm not sure what me pleasing Him looks like. (See C, D & E for more info.)

C: I analyze to a fault. I have always been an over-analyzer, and probably always will be. As much as I like thinking about things, it can definitely be exhausting.

D: I miss hanging out with God. Since August life has gotten so busy, we don't get to chill like we use to. And I know if we spent more time together, I would have a better understanding of where my ladder was suppose to be placed.

E: At my core, I know that pleasing God is not as complicated as I made it sound in B. However, my biggest fear is succeeding in life and getting to heaven and having God say, "That's cool and all, but that's not what I sent you there for…" I don't want to climb to the top and then realize my ladder was on the wrong building.
L

F: I am a nerd and a horrible student. Yes, it is possible to be both at the same time. I love learning and gaining new insight. However, I give piss poor performances in school. (Piss poor performance is an example of alliteration).

G: Being a nerd is what makes teaching fun to me. I spend my day reading, learning, and making lessons practical for others. I couldn't ask for a better job.

H: Being a horrible student is what makes teaching hard. I spend my day with 15 and 16 year old kids who don't understand the value of a good education. It pisses me off because I know had I been a better student, I wouldn't be so overwhelmed with student loan debt. Some of these kids have the minds to go to school for free and they are blowing it by being bad students and that pisses me off. (Alliteration again, lol).


I: I get my eclectic love of music from my dad. He can name a song of any genre within in the first 3 notes. While I'm not that good, you can catch me bumping to anything from Garth Brooks to Keyshia Cole to Goodie Mob to Aerosmith and Nickleback. I love good music…period.


J: I haven't had sex in four years, four months, and 2 days, lol. And honestly I don't miss it. Yes, I desire to be in the strong, loving arms of a man, but I haven't met anyone deserving, and I refuse to settle for less than I deserve. I'm the daughter of a King, and I deserve a king in every sense of the word not just a good lay, lol.

K: I have, and always have had, celebrity crushes. Right now my list includes T.I. (he's a constant) and T.J. Holmes (CNN, check him out on Saturday mornings). There is one other, but he's within my circle of influence so I want reveal that one. Barack Obama would be on the list, but I'm so in awe of his wife I feel bad crushing on her husband.

L: I LOVE going to the gym and working out. Seriously, it's orgasmic to me. You probably can't tell, but I also love clothes, fashion, hair, and make-up. I've been a fashion magazine girl sense I was 10.


M: My name is Kia, and I am a facebook stalker, lol. If you don't want me to know something about you, don't put it on your facebook profile or delete me from your friend list, lol. It's the journalist in me. I just like knowing stuff, lol.

N: I want to be Michelle Obama when I grow up. She has a great education, successful career, smart, beautiful, and intelligent children, and a husband who adores her. I don't want a man unless he can look at me and adore me like Barack looks at Michelle.

O: That last dude: I did love him, but not because he deserved it. I made the decision to love him based off 1 Corinthians 13. I wasn't as stupid as you thought I was, and I knew he didn't appreciate or deserve all that I gave or did for him. But I thought he was the one God wanted me to love. I loved him out of obligation to my King, and as soon as He gave me the go, I was gone. At the end of the day, I don't regret it at all. If I can love a self-centered and self-absorbed butt the way I loved him, I'm positive I can love my one through it all till death do us part.


P: I miss real, sincere friendships. Ride or die friendships. BFF friendships. Maybe one day they will happen again.


Q: I believe I have the greatest kid in the world. He's cute, intelligent, and wise beyond his years. His personality is one to be desired. To know him is to love him. He's the greatest.

R: I want to have 4 kids: 3 boys and 1 girl (I need someone to carry on the Spelman and AKA legacy.) On top of that I want to "adopt" kids. I've already "adopted" one teen who I love and pray for like my own kid. I would lay down my life for my kids…both of them.
J

S: I've recently gotten the desire to get tattoos in visible place--the inside of my wrist and behind my ears on the back of my neck—like Rihanna, and if I had cute feet I would get one there too. The professional in me is yelling, "Don't do it!" But then again, I've never been one for corporate America, lol. Please advise.


T: My deepest desire is to live debt free. And as deep as my debt is, I still KNOW it will happen one day, and sooner than you think.


U: I want to be the hip hop equivalent to Oprah. And while I love teaching, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon, I plan on grinding to make my self-made media empire a reality.


V: One day, I want to give back to a teenage mom. My success wouldn't have been possible without the help I received from others, and I want to make success possible for another teenage mom.

X: I want to start a non-profit organization that exposes inner city youth to the things outside of their community they need to be successful in "the real world."

Y: "The Experience" by Goodie Mob is my favorite song of all times. I wish I could put it on repeat in my classroom. I wish it would sink into our heads. Google it, YouTube it, or iTune it. You need to hear it too.


Z: This list was harder than I thought it would be to come up with. Don't stress the typos. Yes, I am an English major, former magazine editor, and English teacher, but I'm the worst at proofreading my own work. It doesn't bother me, so you should get over it too.
J I'm headed to the gym now :-P

2 Comments:

Blogger art11 said...

I know....problems aren't the problem; its how you talk it through.
If your the "third person" viewing a relationship it will appear entirely different than it does to the couple themselves.
But the bottom line lies in truth. We should never want us to "fool" our partners into thinking we were being who we really are. You must also be honest with your self.

Talk (B your natural self) = Trust
Trust = Relationship?


friend always in spirit, hmmmmmm
S.C.L

Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:51:00 AM  
Blogger art11 said...

and theres 9 other things that we should talk about in regard to all relationships.

i wish we had less pride or something. it makes mountains out of molehills

love is blind
no labels babels dogs cats cruelty or sweetness

Love is 1 thing, maybe.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home